Fortunately, most of us have never needed or wanted to be at the mercy of our insurance company in the time of a crisis. We all pay for insurance coverage for years in order to have a sense of security that we will be taken care of should a need arise … and this situation becomes the time to find out how well and positive, or sadly, how unfair, and difficult, the process with our insurance company and lender will be.
Should I File An Insurance Claim For My Roof?
Are you wondering what roof damage your homeowner’s insurance covers? What is roof damage vs. normal wear and tear? RA Cooks can help!
When To File A Roof Insurance Claim
Consider filing a claim if you have…
- Storm damage
- Wind damage
- Hail damage
- Leaking roof
- Fallen trees
Navigating Roofing Insurance Claims
We want to help you through it all.
Keep reading for more on navigating the insurance claims process. And when you have a roofing or interior restoration crisis, call the experts at RA Cooks Renovations for your free inspection and estimate.
How To File A Claim With Insurance For Roof Damage
Let’s face it—you’re busy and you don’t have the time to navigate the potential obstacles of an insurance claim. That’s why a roofing contractor like RA Cooks Renovations is by your side throughout the process, working directly with your insurance company when you have a damage claim.
- The first step will be to notify your insurance provider that you have damage and want to open a claim. It’s important to remember, your insurance company is not allowed to require a particular contractor when you have a roofing claim. This important decision is yours.
- When you have decided on a contractor you want to work with, the second step is to complete and sign a Third-Party Authorization Form giving permission for your roofing or restoration contractor to communicate and work directly on your behalf with your insurance adjuster and your claim rep.
- Your contractor, such as RA Cooks Renovations, will complete an inspection and provide proof of damage as well as a cost estimate. We will also meet with the adjuster on-site to go over all of the details together.
- Then, your insurance company will provide you with your Replacement Cost Value (RCV). This is the total value of work to be performed before supplements and code upgrades; the amount the insurance company expects to pay.
- Your RA Cooks Renovations representative will review this paperwork to evaluate what they are and are not going to replace; and explain the terms that most people are not accustomed to, as well as what it all means.
Keep reading to learn more about supplements and code upgrades….
Insurance Claim Roof Contractors
If you’re looking for roofing companies that work with insurance claims, look no further! RA Cooks Renovations has been helping homeowners repair or replace their roofs for decades. Our team is experienced with navigating this entire insurance process. We understand all of this is a major inconvenience to your routine and we are here to do everything we can to alleviate your stress and provide you peace-of-mind.
When you have damage to your interior or exterior that is covered by your homeowner’s policy, give us a call at 937-938-6911. One of our experienced team members will schedule your free inspection and get you started on the roof insurance claim process.
A Roofing Company You Can Trust
RA Cooks is a family owned and operated business, serving our friends and neighbors in Dayton, OH and throughout the Miami Valley since 2008. As an experienced roofing contractor, we offer service that is second-to-none and give you the results you deserve. When it comes to your residential or commercial roof, don’t accept anything less than the best! Call us today for all your roof repair and roof replacement needs.